The A Cappella Blog is proud to announce the first ever A Cappella Blog International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella bracket contest! Demonstrate your knowledge of collegiate a cappella and take your chance at winning fantastic prizes including a BOCA prize pack. There is no cost of entry, and everyone will be welcome to enter when we launch the contest shortly.
The rules and terms of the contest appear below.
1) You pick the winners of each competition in the 2010 International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella tournament. Entrants can only earn points for competitions that occur 24 hours or more after they enter the bracket contest.
2) For each of your chosen groups that advances to the semifinals (finishes first or second in the quarterfinals), you earn 2 points. If your group does not finish first or second, but does end up advancing because another group drops out of the competition, you will not receive points for the quarterfinal, but will be eligible to earn points if you correctly predict the group to move on from the semifinals.
3) For the semifinals, if your chosen groups win, you get 5 points. The same rules apply to semifinals as to quarterfinals.
4) For the finals, if your chosen group wins, you get 10 points, if your chosen group finishes second, you get 6 points, and if they finish in third place, you get 3 points.
1) The first place winner will receive the complete Best of College A Cappella (BOCA) compilation set.
2) The second place winner will receive a copy of the 2010 BOCA CD.
3) The third place winner will receive five A Cappella Blog Save the Music wristbands, complete with a donation in their name to the VH1 Save the Music charity.
First through third place winners will be announced on The A Cappella Blog site.
Ties will be broken by the following rules:
1) Correct pick for overall tournament champion.
2) Most correct semifinal round picks.
3) Most correct quarterfinal round picks.
1) Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. Entries must be submitted through the bracket contest system, and will not be accepted via email, comments or any other means.
2) The ACB is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by The ACB for any reason.
3) Only one entry is permitted per person.
4) Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
5) Prizes are subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances including ties that result in more than three first, second or third place winners, or if a given prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
6) All prizes will be delivered via USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, or another delivery service at the discretion of ACB management.
7) All scoring disputes will ultimately be resolved at the discretion of ACB management.
8) No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the contest.
9) The ACB reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
10) By entering this contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules. This is an unalterable condition of entry.
The ACB will launch its 2010 publication season Monday, January 4, 2010! From January through may, we will post original content each and every weekday!